A farm building at Bailey Farms was in flames Sunday morning in Marshall. Dane County Public Safety Communications confirmed that the Marshall Police Department found a 30 foot by 30 foot structure connected to the main farm building on fire.
WKOW-TV, Sun, Nov 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
The body of a former Dane County Eagle Scout who once spent more than a 100 hours helping to build a house for Habitat for Humanity was found in Rocky Mountain National Park, where he planned to climb its highest peak, WISC-TV in Madison reported Friday. Peter Jeffris, 25, a former resident of Oregon and a 2007 graduate of Edgewood High School in Madison, had planned to climb Long's Peak, according to a story posted on the station's website.
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal, Fri, Nov 21 2014 @ 10:11 PM
More than 300,000 people in the state have mobility issues and can't easily maneuver through the rough terrain encountered during a hunt. Access Ability Wisconsin is offering a solution to that problem - an all-terrain wheelchair, purchased this month.
Channel3000, Sat, Nov 22 2014 @ 10:43 PM
A local organization wants to start a conversation about how to bring equity to our community. Forward Community Investments invited its supporters to a panel discussion in Madison on Friday to talk about the role financial resources can play to promote racial equality.
WKOW-TV, Fri, Nov 21 2014 @ 11:04 PM
Dane County Executive Joe Parisi sent an email to county employees Thursday informing them their contracts were being thrown out because they are no longer legal after the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Act 10 earlier this year. The contract with city workers ran through 2017.
WKOW-TV, Fri, Nov 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
Two men are charged with reckless homicide and two others were arrested following a monthslong drug investigation after the overdose death of a town of Dunkirk man, officials said. Dane County sheriff's spokeswoman Elise Schaffer said Tuesday afternoon that detectives began an investigation on July 4 when 25-year-old Dylan Nelson died of a heroin overdose at his home.
Channel3000, Tue, Nov 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM