Trump: Allegations Against Porter 'Very Sad'Newser — Newser Editors
President Trump weighed in on the Rob Porter controversy on Friday, saying he was surprised to learn of the domestic abuse allegations leveled against the newly resigned White House staff secretary.
“It was very sad when we heard about it and certainly he’s also very sad now," said Trump, per the Guardian. Beyond that, the president was mostly positive in his comments about Porter:
- “We wish him well, he worked very hard. We found out about it recently and I was surprised by it, but we certainly wish him well and it’s a tough time for him."
- “He did a very good job when he was in the White House.
And we hope he has a wonderful career and he will have a great career ahead of him."
- “He also, as you probably know says he’s innocent and I think you have to remember that. He said very strongly yesterday that he’s innocent so you have to talk to him about that, but we absolutely wish him well, he did a very good job when he was at the White House.”
- Displeased Trump Calls Out 'Jeff Session' on Twitter
- Trump Pitches Teachers With Guns, More Mental Institutions
- Report: Kushner Set to Lose Access to Classified Info
This article originally appeared on Newser: Trump: Allegations Against Porter 'Very Sad'